*Translate to chinese version please click *here*
Thean Hou Temple is a favorite place of marriage registration especially for Chinese couples.
As it is full of traditional and Chinese cultural atmosphere and there’s a say that the gods will strengthen the power of love between the couple! Get your pen ready, we are going to tell you all the What Which Where When and How for your marriage registration at Thean Hou Temple!
Thean Hou Temple Marriage Registry Procedure
Obtain Form from JPN
(Commissioner of Oath)
Submission & Booking at Thean Hou Temple
Registration of Marriage
- Both the Bride and Groom’s original and a copy of Identification Card (MyKad) in A4 size
- Both the Bride and Groom’s copy of Birth Certificate
- Both the Bride and Groom’s passport size colored photographs
- Both witnesses’ copy of Identification Card (MyKad)
- Marriage Registration Form obtained from National Registration Department (JPN)
- Original and copy of Marriage Revocation Certificate if there is divorced history
- Original and copy of Death Certificate of first spouse if there is a widower
- Original and copy of Letter of Declaration (Surat Akaun) and copy of relevant birth certificate if there is a child before any lawfully marriage
- All witnesses must be a Malaysian and at least 21 years old.
- Attendance of witnesses are not necessary during the application
Both Oath Making and JPN Approval can only be processed on working days
Oath Making and JPN Approval
- Both the Bride and Groom have to complete the Marriage Registration Form and make an oath at any Commissioner For Oaths
- Both the Bride and Groom have to submit Marriage Registration Form in person to the National Registration Office (JPN).
*A RM20 fee is applicable*
- The auspicious day for registration only can be chosen after the application is complete without mistake and approved by National Registration Office (JPN).
Submission at Thean Hou Temple Registry
- Date of marriage registration a.k.a Registration of Marriage need to be within 3 months and after 7 days of application date
- Visit Thean Hou Temple personally to check the availability of the selected day
Registration of Marriage at Thean Hou Temple a.k.a YOUR BIG DAY!!!
- Both the Bride and Groom and 2 witnesses need to present at Thean Hou Temple with completed documents
- Both the Bride and Groom and all attendees need to dress appropriately (T-shirt, jeans, shorts, sandals are strictly prohibited)
- All electronic gadgets need to be switch off to prevent interference during the registration process
- Bridal bouquet and wedding rings need to be prepared by bride and groom; while cameras or photographers are highly recommended
- The registration process is completed after the newlyweds receive their Marriage Certificate.
*Applicable fee stated as below:
Monday – Thursday RM 130
Friday – Sunday RM 150
*Special date (1/1, Wesak Day, 25/12 and etc) RM200
Time of registration is strictly followed, the responsibility lies on the newlyweds if there is any delay.
Lastly, It’s Photography Session!
With make up, pretty dress/gown, and lovely flowers,
how can you missed out the Photography session around Thean Hou Temple?
Every corner of Thean Hou Temple can become a great spot for photographs!